Thursday, March 26, 2009

胡说八道

Grace had her first job offer in life.
She also went to Shanghai 1938 tonight, and had 小笼包,溜肥肠,蟹肉面。
There are pictures of Shanghai in semi-colonial times on the wall, the absurd nostalgia of which makes her ponder.
She made a super big and messy chart of pros and cons for her new job.
Reviewing the chart again and again, she is more leaning towards turning down the offer, she guesses.
Yet she calls her "chicken" in the bottom of her heart, for some unknown reason.
She only has 3 more days to decide.
This unexpected thing is totally eating up her time, making her anxious, perplexed, and upset.
What the heck!

5 comments:

sainueng said...

Um, ok, I'm confused... :p Hopefully this is just a dream or something. Is it? ^_^

monologue said...

It's true. Not a dream. =P

sainueng said...

Oh wow! Ok, so you're done w/ school then? What is Shanghai 1938? You didn't comment on the food. ^_~

monologue said...

Shanghai 1938 is a restaurant in Champaign. A pretty interesting place. The only dish I ordered was 蟹肉面,a little bit too salty in my mind. But the whole style was very Shanghainese.

I'm not entirely done with school yet, and I really don't know if I should take the offer or not. It is an assistant professor position in a small teaching university in Pennsylvania.

sainueng said...

I see. Well, good luck w/ making your decision!