Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Philly, Philly




Too short a visit. Conference. Awkward social skills. How do I improve? Why shall I improve? Is it about me suppressing another facet of myself?




I love Gayle and Sue. Awesome Australians.




I love Deb and Kelley. Who said women should always dress up and carry themselves like 'women'?



We happened to win the best paper award. The question then becomes, is it important or not; to what extent shall I consider it as an achievement to enhance self-esteem; and to what extent shall I think all honors are not more than illustrations of how others think of me, while how I perceive myself is more important than everything else.



For the first time, my body was so filled up by wine, margarita's and cocktails.




In the end, I didn't have a chance to have Philly cheese steak.

2 comments:

sainueng said...

You're too serious, Grace. :-)

Yeah, I agree, socializing sucks. Just think of it as another part of your job training, another skill training, not so much suppressing any part of yourself.

Don't know about your field, but best paper award is something that some people in my field emphasize while other people snicker about. -_- In other words, put it on the resume but don't go nuts about it, I think. If nothing else the admin people who care will see.

Ooo... I haven't had a chance to see drunk Grace yet... That's one other way to "enhance" socializing skills. ^_~

T said...

啊, best paper。赞一下。