Saturday, March 10, 2007

Comrade, Almost a Love Story


My yoga class is the section of "Yoga and Meditation". So in the end of the class, the teacher usually turns off the light, turns on a piece of contemplative ancient Indian music, and have us meditating for 5 minutes. I enjoy this moment of peace so much that everytime I finish the class and come out of the classroom, I am always hit by the strikingly contrasting strong white light and the loud masculine music in the gym. So dazzling. God, America again. It was the exact feeling when chen yuanyuan (how much I hope she is still around)and I came out of the little dark restaurant across the street of our school gate, finishing this movie "Comrade, Almost a Love Story", staring at the sunny sky on a Sunday afternoon in the May - God, it's real life again.

I don't hate the strong light. Nor do I dislike real life (well, maybe I do =)). What really disturbs is the short transition from the meditation, either on myself or on the movie, to the real life. I feel being arbitrarily interrupted. I feel unable to articulate my thoughts and to achieve meanings from my interactions with the movie or the contemplation.

Well, 5, 6 years has passed (God, again). A transition that is long enough. But I could only think of one sentence to say: a love story about how to arduously prevent from falling in love with each other. How self-controversial. This theme is similar to "In the Mood for Love" and "The Bridge of Madison County". A story between two rootless Chinese mainlanders in Hong Kong. All about supressing love.

Seems my version of great love story is always about unfulfilled love. Hopeless yet endles love.

Somehow today I've got this urge to watch it again. But both Amazon and Ebay are out of stock of the DVD.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Opps... I typed quite a loooooong comment but the internet had problem.
I'm just saying that you may find this movie from www.btchina.net, but you have to install BitComet first.
And it's nice to hear you began doing yoga, I believe you can get release from that.